Best beaches in Sicily
Here, we would like to present you a short list of the most beautiful beaches in Sicily. Keep in mind that this is a small selection and that the island has more than a thousand kilometers of coast line.
Have you grabbed your sunscreen, hat and sunglasses? Let’s go!
- Riserva naturale dello zingaro (San Vito Lo Capo, Trapani): with its white coves, cliffs, seabeds full of fauna, it’s considered a great beach for those who love snorkeling.
- Sampieri a Scopello (Trapani): is full of coves the open in the rocks. It presents a beautiful scenery, and, like San Vito lo Capo, it’s wonderful for snorkeling, thanks to its transparent waters.
- Guidaloca (Scopello, Trapani): presents a beach with rocks and sand. The beach is sheltered from the wind, so the sea is always calm, perfect for families with children.
- Mondello (Palermo): is the place you are looking for, if you want to conjugate a day on the beach with the possibility to admire wonderful Art Nouveau villas.
- Cefalù (Palermo): is considered one of the most beautiful beaches of the island, sprinkled with little houses, built close to the sea. With its sandy seabeds, it’s perfect for families with children.
- Oliveri (Messina): the beach has a peculiar shape: according to the tide, it could look like a Madonna holding a baby. It is characterised by small salty lakes and it has a innermost beach that is more similar to a lake, while the outernmost overlook the Aeolian Islands.
- Isola Bella (Taormina, Messina): is a little island very close to Taormina. In fact, with the low tide, it is possible to walk the distance to Isola Bella. The island is a natural reserve, with a small and very popular rocky beach.
- Fontanebianche (Siracusa): The name of this hamlet derives from its sweet water springs. Here, the see is crystal clear, and the shallow, lukewarm water make it ideal for children.
- Calamosche (Noto, Siracusa): it’s a white beach betweed two cliffs, surrounded by palm trees and bushes. In 2005 was labeled “most beautiful beach in Italy”.
- Scala dei turchi (Realmonte, Agrigento): this beach has a peculiar shape: the white clay cliffs have been modeled by wind and sea to the form of a staircase. The cliffs are surrounded by a white sand beach.
We hope this list intrigues you and helps you in your choice.
Our Tours in Sicily:
We, form Di Nocera Service offer a lot of tours in Sicily, such as the “Montalbano Tour“, the “Godfather Tour“, that permit to visit all the places of these beautiful film and fiction.
We also offer the Agrigento, Scala dei Turchi and Valle dei Templi Tour, and, of Course the Tour of the Best beaches in Sicily!
Born in 1994, passionate about photography, sport, music and cinema.
Giovanni is the web-master and marketing manager for SorrentoMagazine and Di Nocera Service.
He also writes articles about trekking and adventure on this blog!